About the project
INYVAX is a three year project funded by the European Commission's Framework Program 7 (FP7) with a contribution of 932,335 €.
The project is coordinated by the European Vaccine Initiative and involves seven partner institutions.
- European Vaccine Initiative, Heidelberg, Germany - Dr Odile Leroy
- Foundation Merieux, Lyon, France - Dr Christophe Longuet
- University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland - Prof Paul-Henri Lambert
- Biomedical Primate Research Centre, Rijswijk, Netherlands - Dr Ed Remarque
- TuBerculosis Vaccine Initiative, Lelystad, Netherlands - Dr Jelle Thole
- Malaria Vaccine Initiative, Seattle, USA - Dr Christian Loucq
- Brighton Collaboration Foundation, Basel, Switzerland - Dr Ulrich Heininger
- Global Adjuvant Development Initiative/ WHO, Geneva, Switzerland - Dr Martin Friede
The work is subdivided in five work-packages with the following objectives:
This work package’s objective is to develop a comprehensive database of European organisations, institutions, biotechnology companies and pharmaceutical industries developing vaccine technologies and to develop a strategy across PRD vaccine for selecting manufacturers and sub-contractors, addressing quality assessment.
The objectives of this workpackage are to establish the European branch of the global adjuvant network AdjuNet between groups developing adjuvants and public sector organisations evaluating adjuvants in clinical trials, to develop a strategy for the optimisation of malaria and tuberculosis vaccines, and to establish a short training programme on optimisation of vaccine with adjuvants.
The objective of the work package is to provide safety standards in clinical trials of PRD vaccines allowing meta-analysis of the safety of similar vaccine approaches.
The objective of this work package is to generate training opportunities for PRD vaccine researchers by funding students from Europe as well as from developing countries (DC) who wish to attend the Advanced Training in Vaccinology (ADVAC) Course offered by Fondation Mérieux in Geneva, Switzerland.
WP5: Project coordination and management
This Work Package has the task to establish the necessary coordination and management requirements in order to get the partnership mobilised into the defined work plans and objectives.